Sunday, June 2, 2013

Sulphur Springs Ridge and Price Mountain

I've been slow to write about this little hike that a friend and I did a few weeks ago.  That said, my lack of writing has more to do with my lack of enthusiasm to sit at my computer as the weather warms up than it has to do with the hike itself, which was very nice.  Unfortunately, even as I sit here now, I'm feeling little desire to write out a long play-by-play of the experience, so I think I'll keep this one short.  We walked.  We came upon a stream.  I looked for salamanders and came up empty handed.  We crossed a bridge and climbed to the ridge.  I stopped frequently to huff and puff and complain.  Anthony took picture of me with my bright red face as I tried to dodge the camera.  We questioned if we were lost because the trail seemed to go endlessly up.  We saw a black snake.  I learned that Anthony does not like snakes.  We wandered along the ridge taking in the (slightly obstructed, but pretty) views.  We learned that we were not, in fact lost, and began to descend the mountain via the Price Mountain trail.  We arrived back at our car and made it home, all in one piece. A good day if I may say so.  And that, my friends, was our trip to Sulphur Springs and Price Mountain.


No comments:

Post a Comment