Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Mount Pleasant

This hike is located in the same location as the Cole Mountain/Old Hotel Trail loop, but is slightly easier (albeit still with amazing views) and doesn't take you through a grassy meadow.  Although the hike itself is easy-moderate in difficulty, the drive to get there takes you up a bumpy gravel road.  My relatively small, two-wheel drive car made it to the trailhead, but not without a few "oops" moments when I accidentally took a bump too quickly and scraped the nose of my car against the ground.  Going down I was more prepared and coasted down slowly in first gear.

The hike itself is generally easy with a few moderate climbs.  There are two vistas: one in either direction.  Both are beautiful and they're close enough together that you must do both if you visit.

Sign to the vistas

Casey at a vista

Casey and I at an overlook

Another view

Mountain laurel

Casey and Max

No comments:

Post a Comment