Friday, September 2, 2016

Billy Goat Trail Part A (again!)

I'm getting a bit tired of this trail lately, but then I really can't complain that such beautiful scenery is essentially in my backyard.  This time around I went with Casey and his younger cousins and we all had a blast.  Unfortunately, this hike also marked the last trip for my beloved boots.  I might be able to save them with some boot glue, but I managed to pull nearly the entire sole of the boot off of the "body" of the boot and had to tie the sole back on with paracord to finish the hike.  I shouldn't complain - the things lasted me over 11 years (albeit with only minor use until about 4 or 5 years ago).  But still, I'm sad to see them go and my wallet is cringing just a bit at the thought of needing to buy myself a new pair!  In any case, I'll just leave you with a few photos since I'm not really feeling the writing bug right now.


one of the first overlook points

A different view from the same overlook point
My poor boot has seen better days...

No comments:

Post a Comment