Sunday, September 8, 2013

Inyo National Forest - Lone Pine Lake

This is the last of my "Out West" updates.  After leaving Yosemite, Casey and I headed to Inyo National Forest where we met up with my sister and her husband.  The two of them were planning to hike Mt. Whitney and wanted to acclimate to the altitude before attempting the 22 mile trek.  Casey and I joined them on one of their shorter day hikes up to Lone Pine Lake.  Situated on the Mt. Whitney trail, the lake was absolutely breathtaking.  A few bold souls were actually swimming in the lake, but at roughly 10,000 feet in elevation, it was as much as I could do to dip my hand.

A beautiful view of the mountains on the drive to Mt. Whitney Campground

The reason why not to blindly follow your GPS

Lone Pine Lake

A few of the pines

Casey and I at the lake

Reflections in Lone Pine Lake

everyone napping

hungry, hungry mule deer

No comments:

Post a Comment